Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Apple Coleslaw

I don't like traditional coleslaw. But I found this recipe on kraftfoods.com and there were over 60 reviews and almost all of them were 5 star reviews. I wanted to bring something different to Easter dinner so I chose this. I made a double batch and had enough to share with co-workers the next day. Everyone loved it. I think next time I may add a pear to it. Or maybe a tiny bit of milk with some sugar to sweeten it even more. But it is really good made just as the recipe calls for.

If you use light dressing, it is really healthy too!

3/4 cup light miracle whip
1 Tbsp honey
1 pkg (16oz) coleslaw blend
2 medium apples, preferably 1 red and 1 green) chopped

Mix dressing and honey in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix lightly.
Refrigerate at least one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment